Everyone goes through the process of a so called job interview and in order to get your ‘A’ game, we are here to share with you what we think, you should know before job attending one.
Top 10 most common mistakes made at a job interview
- Failing to ask for the job.
- Failing to set yourself apart from the other candidates.
- Improvising due to the lack of preparation.
- Trying to be all things for all people.
- Concentration too much on what you want.
- Inadequate research about employer
- Not showing enough Interest or Enthusiasm
- Lacking Humor, Warmth or Personality
- Conveying that you’re not over your last job
- Over-explaining why you lost your last job
Common non-verbal mistakes made at a job interview
- Having little or no knowledge of the company
- Failure to maintain eye contact
- Lack of smile
- Using too many hand gestures
- Playing with your hair
- Crossing arms over chest
Most common tips about interviewing
- Be ready to briefly describe your experiences
- Review your qualifications for the job
- Have a specific job in mind
- Learn about organization
5 Questions likely to be asked
- ‘Tell me about yourself’
- ‘Why did you leave your last job?’
- ‘What do you know about our Company?’
- ‘Why do you want to work for us?
- ‘Tell me about your experience at your last company?’
Statistics also show that when meeting new people, the impact comes from what you verbally say, the quality of the grammar and your overall conference and most importantly the way we dress, act and walk through the doors.