There are 2 types of people who search for job vacancies in Sri Lanka; Unemployed and the employed.
A great job is one that makes you excited, has work you love, and offers possibilities for growth. If you are not experiencing this in your present job, it may be time to look for a new one.
Obtaining a new job means assessing your professional objectives, investigating potential possibilities, and applying for a position that matches your requirements. But first, you need to be sure it’s time to find a new opportunity, so you are sure that you are not making a mistake.
Here are some of the signs that show it’s time for a change
- You have little to no enthusiasm for your job.
- Your job isn’t challenging you or allowing you to learn new skills.
- You dislike the company’s culture.
- There are no prospects for advancement in your job.
Whatever your case is, it’s indeed a great opportunity for career growth. Here we’ve listed a few tips to help you step up in your career with your next job.
Understand what you are looking for
Before you start looking for new positions, you should assess your present job to determine what you like and dislike about it. This gives you a better idea of what you’re searching for in a new job.
Consider what jobs you like doing on a daily basis if there’s any. Make a list of the work duties you’d like to keep in a new position. Now, make a list of the duties you’d like to perform in your dream position.
Assess your skills
Do you have the skills and qualifications required to reach the next level in your career? Maybe you have to take an online course or go back to school to get the necessary qualifications.
Start looking for Job Vacancies
There are many job vacancies out there that you can apply for. A simple search for job vacancies in 2021, and you will find the best results. With job sites like ikmanJOBS you can easily set filters to find out about opportunities in a given field like marketing and sales.
Also Read –
- Career guide to Hotel Industry
- Career guide for Marketers
- Career guide for Sales professionals
- Career guide for teachers
Here are a few tips to keep in mind during your job search
- Get on LinkedIn and get active to strengthen your online presence
- Set a time for your job search
- Keep your job hunt a secret
- Never bad-mouth your current employer
To find the best job opportunities in Sri Lanka check Ikman jobs today